The Liberty Founders
President & Co-founder
- Name:John McLinden
- Since the founding of Liberty Physical Therapy John has been fortunate to meet hundreds of people and develop a network of satisfied patients who readily refer their family and friends. He earned his Master's degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Rhode Island in 1993. He enjoyed his experiences at URI so much he decided to join the faculty in 1996, where he continues to teach orthopedics, management & health policy and physical agents. His research interests include injured worker rehabilitation, biofeedback for low back pain and the impact of AFO construction on gait. He is also an adjunct faculty member at New York University, and is a PhD candidate at Nova Southeastern University in Davie, FL. In addition to teaching, clinical work and research, John has also consulted with large and small companies looking to improve safety and productivity.
Follow me :
Vice President & Co-founder
- Name:Mark Wurster
- Mark is a physical therapist licensed in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. He is a graduate of Bridgewater State College with a BS in Adaptive Physical Education/Motor Development Therapy and received his Masters of Science in Physical Therapy from Sargent College - Boston University in 1988. He specializes in occupational health and orthopedics, providing peer review for worker’s compensation cases as well as provides training for those working in the occupational health arena. He is also active in his professional organization, performing lobbying activities, providing testimony before governmental agencies, and supporting Q/A initiatives. Mark has guest lectured each year at NYU’s physical therapy program since 2005, and now along with John McLinden and Elizabeth Andrews instructs the PT residents in preparation for their Orthopedic Certified Specialist examination.
Follow me :
The Liberty Team
- Name:Marc Bochner, DPT
- Marc is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island with a BS in Kinesiology and received his Doctorate of Physical Therapy from URI in 2009. He has been a clinical instructor for Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Assistant students.
- Name:Elizabeth Andrews, MSPT, CWCE, CCCE
- Elizabeth holds a Master of Science degree in physical therapy from Northeastern University Boston, 2004. She coordinates student contracts and clinical affiliations for all Liberty locations.
- Name:Abigail Wurster
- Abby is currently enrolled at Johnson and Wales University as a Fashion Marketing Major working towards her Bachelor’s degree in Business and Science. She is a receptionist for Liberty PT and specializes in customer/patient service.
- Name:Danielle Parent, DPT, ATC
- Danielle received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Rhode Island in 2012. She is a licensed athletic trainer in Massachusetts and is an APTA member and is certified in LSVT BIG Parkinson's rehabilitation.
- Name:Amy Woodard
- Amy is a RI licensed Physical Therapist, currently providing both aquatic therapy & clinic-based orthopedic treatment. Amy received her Masters of Science in Physical Therapy from the University of Rhode Island in 2006.